stem4 is run by a dedicated team of volunteers, enabling overheads to be kept to a minimum. All money raised for stem4 goes towards meeting our aim of improving teenage mental health by stemming teenage mental illness.
Thank you for supporting us. Please consider gift aiding your donation, or making a matched gift, as both these methods can significantly increase the value of your gift to stem4 at no additional cost to you. If you have any questions about making a donation – or about gift aid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can make a donation online at Donate online or if you prefer please click below to download a donation form. We can accept donations by personal cheque or CAF cheque. You can also now donate via a text message by texting STEM44 £amount (e.g. STEM44 £3) to 70070. Thank you!
Gift Aid it
- We can reclaim basic rate tax on your donation, making it worth 20% more at no further cost to you. If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim additional relief via your annual tax return. This table shows just how much difference gift aiding can make.
- Regular giving by standing order means that you can make a commitment to stem4 for an amount, frequency of payment, and period of time of your choice. This is also of great benefit to us, because knowing we have a regular income enables us to plan for the future with confidence.
- If you would like to support us by making a gift in this way, please click here to download a standing order.
Matching Gift Schemes
- Many companies operate gift-matching schemes. This means that when an employee makes a gift to a registered charity the company matches this donation, in full or in part. This increases the value of your gift to stem4 at no extra cost to you!
- To find out if your company operates such a scheme, contact your human resources or personnel department. You will need to complete a form for your company; we will provide you with the necessary details. Please contact us if you would like to make a donation in this way. email@example.com
- If your pay or pension is taxed through PAYE and your employer offers a Give As You Earn (GAYE) scheme, your can make a donation direct from your pay to stem4 from your monthly salary before tax.
- This benefits you because:
- you can make a commitment to stem4 for an amount, frequency of payment, and period of time of your choice
- your donation is entirely tax free
- And it benefits stem4 because knowing we have regular income enables us to plan for the future with confidence. For example, a higher rate taxpayer, giving under GAYE, donates £50 per month at an actual cost to you of £30 per month. Over twelve months, this will make an annual gift to the STEM:4 of £600 at a cost to you only £360.
Where can your money go to help stem4?
How will it help young people’s
|Create new Apps||
The ‘Calm Harm’ app was developed to help young people manage the urge to self-harm. It is the first clinically developed app for young people at risk of self-harm developed by the charity’s founder, Consultant Clinical Psychologist Dr Nihara Krause. Download on the App store or on Google Play.
We would like to create a new app that is based on clinical evidence and aims to support young people, either as part of on-going treatment, or as an interim measure while they wait for specialist help.
This will help us develop a new app. Any additional funding will help us promote it.
|Mental health videos||Exciting new developments for stem4education! Due to increasing demand from across the country and in line with the combined use of technology in education, stem4 will be compiling a library of mental health videos which will feature each of the stem4 mental health areas; Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Depression and Anxiety, and Addiction. There will be specific videos targeted at students, parents, teachers and professionals.||
16 videos costing around £450 each to film and produce with specialist information and animations.
|Information resources||Online resources to accompany the mental health videos. These can be downloaded and printed at your convenience and used for self-help or as a teaching resource.||£1000 for creative input.|
We will be increasing the conference arm of our service. stem4 conferences are designed to inform participants of the early signs of mental health problems and what steps they can take to make change. They encourage dialogue, create a platform to share ideas and provide a forum to consider best practice and standards of care.
Help us fund a student, professional, teacher, doctor or parent conference.
£2500 to run each conference.
We have on average 100 attendees at each conference. A £25 donation will educate someone about mental health at a stem4 conference.
Our aim to be able to run at least one student, professional, teacher, doctor and parent conference every year.